Module Three: Practitioner Consultation
Time & Location
About the Event
This consultation session will enable practitioners to explore elements of transition work in more depth. It follows from Practitioner Modules One and Two. The agenda will be influenced by the interests of those participating and there will be time for practise and discussion.
Practitioners attending this course will:
- Have already undertaken Modules One and Two of By Your Side
- Have already undertaken Theraplay Level 1 Training and have some experience in delivering direct work based on Theraplay principles
- Have also completed DDP Level 1 (or have a good understanding of the approach)
The session will focus on deepening understanding of the following:
- The importance of narrative and different ways of co-creating narratives with children and their families
- The complex dynamics that arise during the transitions process
- Consideration of specific contextual challenges in supporting transitions (including examples from the participants experience)
Our aim is for this session to be very interactive and to allow participants to share dilemmas.
Objective 1: Increase confidence in the use of narratives across transitions
Objective 2: Increase understanding of the work in practice, including overcoming specific challenges
Trainer: Dr Vivien Norris, Clinical Psychologist, Theraplay and DDP consultant and Trainer. By Your Side author and trainer.
- Event Ticket£75£750£0