Module Two: Foster Carer and Adopter Training
Time & Location
About the Event
This is a half-day training for foster carers and adopters (and their supporting professionals) to think about your central role in supporting children across the transition. This session follows on from Module One: By Your Side Overview. The training will include a combination of presentation and discussion and the aim is for an interactive session. The session will include:
- video examples of transition sessions
- discussion of the crucial role of the main attachment figure
- helpful ways of talking with children at different stages of the transition
- different ways to help children communicate
- how to use rituals to create safety and predictability
- understanding and managing intense emotions in the adult group
- question and answer session to discuss dilemmas
You should come away from this session with practical ideas you can use straight away.
Trainer: Dr Vivien Norris, Clinical Psychologist, Theraplay and DDP consultant and Trainer. By Your Side author and trainer.
In order to attend this course you need to:
- have already undertaken Module One: By Your Side Overview
- Event Ticket£75£750£0